July 6-7 Neil Gaiman in Austin

All text and photos are copyright protected and require the permission of the blogger for use.

About a month ago I discovered Neil Gaiman would be speaking at the Long Center for Performing Arts. Thought about it until last Sunday when I finally bought a ticket and booked a hotel room for one night. We arrived in town just in time to get checked into hotel so I could head downtown.Sam declined to attend with me.
Arriving early enough to enjoy a quick snack (not much to offer to someone who did have time for dinner) and drink and stand in line to buy from the pre-signed books. Book People did a great job of handling a long line. Texas Book Festival reps were on-site - I'm guessing I did not win the free "friends pass" for this year's festival or I would have heard by now. :-(
While we all were waiting to enter the auditorium we could write a question for Neil. For 2 hours he answered some of the questions and told stories and read from some of his work. A superb event.
Then I saw a falling star on my way home.

Terrace shot of Austin. 


I should have taken time for another photo. There's also a tiara
at the top of the frame. It has something to do with a Women's
Society that had an annual event where this was worn, until about
10 years ago.
I had an aisle seat but was a bit far back. I walked up about 10
feet then used camera zoom to get this. 

Same terrace shots after dark. 


Scored 4 autographed books.

Comments