Fun at the San Antonio Zoo

I did not take a lot of photos. I just wanted to enjoy the animals. 


The ones in the back corner are sitting on their eggs. 

and there's one. 

This bear seemed very sad. She kept pacing back and forth. 


These are boat-billed herons. I couldn't get them to look up
at me so I could get a shot of their unusual beaks. 

Scarlet Ibis roost in the trees. 
Playful young hippo. You can see his mother in the lower
left corner. She kept her back to us and lay around while
the fish kept her clean. 

Wish I had taken a photo of the sign telling about this bird.
All I can remember is its diet consists mostly of fruit and
therefore it spreads the seeds of the trees to propagate in other places.

One very lazy cat. The weather wasn't even hot that day. 

Porcupine. His roommate was busy nuzzling around in the
high grass of their enclosure. 

These two are not impressed with visitors. 

This marabou stork is the oldest bird in the park at 45 years. 

The oldest giraffe. In spite of those beautiful lashes, this is
the father of the other two giraffes in the park. 

An okapi. They are good at hiding out in the wild. So good that
they weren't even confirmed to exist until 1901. 
A speckled mousebird, so named because it scurries around
in the brush like a mouse. This one was happy to stand around
near me for quite some time. 

An Amethyst Starling. They are stunning
in person. 

ALL PHOTOS AND INFORMATION ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. AS THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE BLOGGER THEY MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE BLOGGER.

Comments