Texas Book Festival November 3-5, 2017

ALL PHOTOS AND INFORMATION ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. AS THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE BLOGGER THEY MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE BLOGGER.

I volunteered to help out this year. Learned to find my way around the Capitol area and building. Back working with the public - nice, naughty, and just plain weird. Heard some very intelligent discussion of current topics, and collected some great signed books. Stayed at the Hampton a couple of blocks from the Capitol and had a small balcony. There was a Beaver Moon on Saturday night so took my camera and tried out all the different settings to see what would happen. It was a high humidity weekend as evidenced by the haze at night and early morning.
When you volunteer at the Festival you miss out on a lot. All the sessions I worked were full so I had to stand out in the hall and turn people away - the fire marshal was darn strict about capacity. This means I missed almost all the speakers. However, I was glad to help and learned a lot of "inside scoop" so I'll know how to better pick my volunteer times next year.

From 5th floor balcony. That's the moon, not the sun. 

Same scene as above at same time. Just different camera setting.

Shot 3: same time and place. 


Didn't know I had a B&W setting on my camera
2nd floor balcony has eye-catching "people" watching your walk by

Early Saturday morning

A little later Saturday morning.


Texas Institute of Letters Winners. L to R
Steven Davis, Kathi Appelt, Amy Gentry, Bruce Bond,
Paulette Jiles, Stephen Harrigan, Skip Hollandsworth

C-Span2 Tent had some of the best authors/presenters on
current topics. L to R: Moderator Brian Sweeney,
Kevin Young, Jared Yates Sexton



Texas State Library and Archives Commission building













R is Nathan Englander. Interviewer is from the Jewish Book Fair. 

Comments